- Economics Department students went to Chicago March 26-28. They visited the floor of the Chicago Board of Exchange, the Fed, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and the Heartland Institute among other places. This was a great learning experience. Alumni, thank you for the support of our students.
- Ben Bernanke talks about why interest rates are so low. http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/ben-bernanke/posts/2015/03/30-why-interest-rates-so-low
- What happens to smoking and obesity when poor pregnant women are given Medicaid coverage? http://freakonomics.com/2015/03/30/what-happens-when-poor-pregnant-women-are-given-medicaid-coverage/
- Did low tax rates or air-conditioning cause migration to the South? http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2015/03/jeff-biddle-on-migration-and-air-conditioning.html
- Did Piketty make three big mistakes in his book Capital? What would Henry George say? http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-03-27/piketty-s-three-big-mistakes-in-inequality-analysis and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_George